Pin It

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

God's Perfect Timing

by Anabel Gillham

I don't understand, God. I have prayed and prayed, and nothing has changed. I believe my prayers are within the scope of Your will . . . I'm not asking for anything amiss. What's wrong, God?

These things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, do not despair, for these things will surely come to pass. Just be patient! They will not be overdue a single day!Habakkuk 2:3

Do you remember Zacharias and Elizabeth, the father and mother of John the Baptist? They didn't have John until very late in life. In fact, they had reached the age at which having children was highly improbable, if not impossible: "I am an old man, and my wife is advanced in years" (Luke 1: 18).

But one day, while Zacharias was ministering to the Lord in the Temple, the angel Gabriel came to him and said, "Zacharias, your prayer has been heard."

Do you suppose Zacharias had been praying recently for a child? Do you think he was still entreating the Lord for a son? Maybe just yesterday in his prayers he had said, "O, Lord! Elizabeth and I are so very lonely. How we yearn to have a child. Please, Lord, bless our union and send us a baby. . . ."

I don't think so. I really don't think he had prayed that way for a long, long time. He had given up all hope that he would ever hear the patter of little feet around the house, for he was an "old man" and his wife was "advanced in years."

"Uh . . . what prayer is it that you have reference to, Gabriel?"

"The one you prayed years ago, Zacharias. Remember? You asked God for a son. You see, the fullness of time has now come, and the Lord is going to give you the desire of your heart -- a son, Zacharias, a son!"

In the fullness of time. When is that, Lord? I don't really have any way of knowing, do I? Zacharias and Elizabeth had some lonely years . . . until the fullness of time when everything was ready . . . and then You fulfilled their prayer.

God has an "appointed time" when every minute detail will be finished for you and for me. When that times comes, the prayer will be answered.

It may not be tomorrow
and yet it may
It will happen on
Gods set day
The burden will be lifted
The lost one will be won
The trial will be over
The long task will be done
We cannot know the hour
but we will trust Him as we wait,
for He knows just what must come to pass
He will not be a moment late!
So praise Him in the trial
give thanks for the task
rejoice and be obedient
He knows what you have asked.
It may not be tomorrow
and yet it may
It will happen on
God's set day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped by~! If you liked what you saw, let me know! Miranda

Previous Posts