Pin It

Sunday, March 30, 2008

In the Time of Trouble

Cast your burden on the Lord,and He shall sustain you.~~ Psalm 55:22 ~~ 

Years ago I came across this oft-quoted prayer: "God grant me the serenity to accept things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference." 

This prayer expresses an important thought; one we should all pray -- and live. Some things in life cannot be changed -- and some can. Some things God has given to us as fixed realities that we must accept. And some things He would have us not accept but (with His help) work to change. 

If we fail to do both of these -- to accept some things and work to change others -- we will end up burdened with worry, undeserved guilt, and frustration. 

Someone once said, "Worry is the interest paid on trouble before it comes due." Instead, God would have us learn to trust Him. "Cast your burden on the Lord, and He shall sustain you."The Reverend Billy Graham in Hope for Each Day - Words of Wisdom and Faith, J. Country, Publisher

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped by~! If you liked what you saw, let me know! Miranda

Previous Posts