Pin It

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Happy Mother's Day

M-O-T-H-E-R

On this Mother's Day, I think of my beautiful Mom and all of the lessons she taught each of her daughters. I also remember how she loved flowers, especially lilacs.  She would often cut them and put them in a vase indoors. 




It also reminds me of a song that my Dad would sing on Mother's Day. Maybe you remember this old favorite?

 

M-O-T-H-E-R


"M" is for the million things she gave me,


"O" means only that she's growing old,


"T" is for the tears she shed to save me,


"H" is for her heart of purest gold;


"E" is for her eyes, with love-light shining,


"R" means right, and right she'll always be,


Put them all together, they spell "MOTHER,"


A word that means the world to me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped by~! If you liked what you saw, let me know! Miranda

Previous Posts