Pin It

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Fed By Ravens

"The the word of the Lord came to Elijah: 'Leave here, turn eastward and hide in the Kerith Ravine, east of the Jordan. You will drink from the brook, and I have ordered the ravens to feed you there.' So he did what the Lord had told him." 1 Kings 17:2-5

It is not that pleasant a thought to have "the ravens feed you." At least they brought him "bread and meat," not worms and bugs. Still, eating the scraps dropped by crows?

Nonetheless, Elijah "did what the Lord had told him," and experienced a wonderful miracle of God. Though famine plagued the land, God kept His servant alive and well!

Often what the Lord "tells" us seems unpleasant. We balk at it, and figure out some way take a more "sane and rational" path. So we miss the miracles of God, His amazing providence and care for us! As hard as it may be, it is always best to simply do as the Lord tells us. The unpleasantness you anticipate is diminished; in its place you experience the miraculous providence and tender care of God!

Prayer For The Day

O Lord, I too balk at carrying out Your Word. I fear what others will think and do. I confess that I would rather "earn" my bread, than receive it from You. Help me to see the "ravens" that You order to feed me, and enable me to do Your will. Amen (Courtesy of Soulsearch)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped by~! If you liked what you saw, let me know! Miranda

Previous Posts