Pin It

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

We Are the Clay

O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter does?” declares the LORD. “Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand, O house of Israel. (Jer 18:6)

The potter is the one that molds the clay. Then, the clay becomes a pot, or whatever the potter molds. Without the potter, the clay will always be just a lump of clay. Clay is useless, until the hands of the potter come and mold and make the clay into a vessel of honor.

We are clay… US… human beings. God is the Potter. Without God, we can do nothing. John 15:5: I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

God has given us talents, gifts and abilities. He has also given us knowledge and wisdom. Now, these gifts can be used without God’s help, but once they have been surrendered to the real potter, once they have been used for God’s kingdom, then they can be used to their fullness.

God continues to look for those Christians who will allow Him to mold them. Clay has no place of its own, no aspiration for service, no reluctance to perform its given task. Christians cannot be used in advancing God’s Kingdom without God molding them in their talents, skills, etc.

I have tried to depend on myself before, but I just failed, When I started surrendering everything to God, He used my talents to their fullness.

Jesus… Continue to Mold me. Use me. Fill me… I give my Life to the Potter’s hands. By Chette’s Devotions

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped by~! If you liked what you saw, let me know! Miranda

Previous Posts