Pin It

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Awake North Wind

Awake, north wind, and come, south wind! Blow on my garden, that its fragrance may spread abroad. Song of Solomon 4:16a (NIV) 

My friend, it seems the north wind is blowing all around us. Many of those closest to me are also in the middle of a blast of that icy wind—and I hear from people throughout our nation that they, too, are experiencing hardship. 

I have a sense that our Lord is building His people. He wants us to be stronger than ever before and He is allowing the wind to blow because we need what we will learn in the storm. 

Tonight I sense the Lord wants to share a few things with us about this season. 

First, hard times don’t mean He doesn’t love you. On the contrary, He loves you too much to let you stay as you are. He is allowing the wind because He wants to blow away the things that keep you from Him and whittle away at the hard places of your soul. He is cleansing your life (and mine) so that we can find deeper joy and more authentic relationship with Him.

Second, I believe He is asking us to surrender—to quit fighting His hand of growth and to give Him permission to do with us as He pleases, for our good and His glory. He’s whispering, “Will you trust Me? May I do what is necessary for the good of your future and of my church?” 

Third, He wants to remind us that He never leaves or forsakes His children. No matter how strong the wind rattling your windows, you are never alone. His arms are around you. He is still your strong tower of protection. The evil one cannot snatch you of His hand. He holds you fast and tells you not to be afraid. He has a hope and a future for you, plans to prosper and not harm you. You can trust Him in the storm.

I don’t know that everyone is experiencing the north wind. In fact, I hope many of you are basking in a southern breeze! But I sense there are many of us standing in the blustery weather. I pray this series will give you encouragement as we learn together in the midst of the storm. 

Father God, We need you. Please reveal yourself to us in the midst of the cold winds. Give us supernatural faith. Give us hope and peace that we couldn’t fabricate, but that is a pure gift. Be our place of safety in the blowing wind. ~Paula Moldenhauer

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped by~! If you liked what you saw, let me know! Miranda

Previous Posts

Blog Archive