Pin It

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Shipwrecked Faith

Holding faith, and a good conscience; which some having put away concerning faith have made shipwreck: 1 Timothy 1:19 

Today after I took my shower, I used a new towel I recently bought. It is real thick. The thinning process of towels go undetected. Too slow to be observed either by the eye or by touch towels thin and before you know it, you can see through your towel. 

They aren't very absorbent when you can see through them. But a brand new towel is awesome. My towel today was so absorbent, I had to get a drink after I used it! But, my old towel isn't to blame. It served me well. 

It was faithfully there every morning! Occasionally it was called to wax the car, to clean up a spill in the living room. It was lost in the trunk for several months and spent a few weeks in the garage. 

The new towel is thick and impressive simply because it hasn't had the experiences. It's just getting started. 

If we are thin and repelling, we are headed for a shipwrecked faith. Typically a shipwreck is caused by a storm or collision. 

In our Christian walk, we collide with the enemy constantly. Yet, the Lord strengthens us so that we can endure the collision, yes, even overcome it and sail on. No matter how severe the storm, Jesus says, "Peace be still!" 

Let me give you 4 things to try once you start to thin out. 

First, get some sleep fast! You need 8-10 hours of sleep for several days in a row. 

Secondly, break your routine. Whether it is a brisk walk a couple times a day or spending a few hours with a new hobby, break the monotony. 

Thirdly, increase your prayer time and Bible reading. 

Finally, guard your mind against the invasion of temptations and destructive behaviors. 

When we are burned out, we are more likely to say and do things we will later regret.  

Father, I praise Your name today for keeping me at the helm. In Jesus Name I lift up everyone who may be facing such storms and collision that shipwrecks seem inevitable. I pray that You will steer them back on course. I pray for those who feel thinned out. I pray that You will help them absorb all You have in order to build them up. In Jesus' Name, AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped by~! If you liked what you saw, let me know! Miranda

Previous Posts

Blog Archive