Pin It

Thursday, July 19, 2007

The Bread of Life

John 6:35: And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

When we allow Jesus Christ into our lives we become different people. We become more Christ-like in our attitude and behavior.

According to German folklore there once was a wicked man who wore the mask of a saint to woo and win the saintly girl he loved. Years later when a castoff girl friend discovered the deception, she challenged him to take off the mask in front of his beloved and show his face for the sorry thing he was. He did what he was told only to discover that underneath the saint's mask, his face had become the face of a saint.

The food Jesus offers us is the eternal food, the food that will change us. Jesus said, "The one who eats this bread will live forever."

God of all things, thank you for sending the bread of life for me. - Ron Newhouse

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped by~! If you liked what you saw, let me know! Miranda

Previous Posts

Blog Archive