Pin It

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Mercy Drops

In 1883, Daniel W. Whittle wrote the words to the hymn, “There Shall Be Showers of Blessing.” Its chorus is simple, yet beautiful:

Showers of blessing, Showers of blessing we need: Mercy drops round us are falling, But for the showers we plead.



Throughout the hymn, mention is made of seasons of refreshing and reviving which the Lord will send upon us. The mercy drops are already beginning to fall, but the hymn writer pleads for the Lord to send the showers of blessing of Ezekiel 34:26. At least one commentary I have read (Clarke’s) suggest the showers are the influence of the Holy Spirit.

I view my sisters as “Mercy Drops” to me in what can often be a dark and stormy world. You are regular sources of refreshment and revival for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped by~! If you liked what you saw, let me know! Miranda

Previous Posts

Blog Archive