Pin It

Friday, June 15, 2007

When He Was on the Cross (For Michael James)





I'm not on an ego trip
I'm nothing on my own
I make mistakes
I often slip
Just common flesh and bone
But I'll prove someday just why I say
I'm of a special kind
For when He was on the cross I was on His mind

The look of love was on His face
Thorns were on His head
The blood was on His scarlet robe
Stained a crimson red
Though His eyes were on the crowd that day
He looked ahead in time
For when He was on the cross I was on His mind

Chorus:


He knew me, yet He loved me
He whose glory makes the heavens shine
So unworthy of such mercy
Yet when He was on the cross I was on His mind

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped by~! If you liked what you saw, let me know! Miranda

Previous Posts

Blog Archive